The Optimus G from Sprint is rooted the same way as the Korean (not the unlocked or AT&T version) version is. Google translate, persistence, and the belief that I could talk Phil into paying for this one if I broke it have paid off.
All things you will need:
- A Windows computer (tested on 7 ultimate 64-bit)
- LG Optimus G usb driver, get it from here
- LG Optimus G root tool, get it from here
How to Root LG Optimus G Steps:
- Download and install the LG Optimus G usb driver.
- Download and extract the LG Optimus G root tool to your desktop.
- On your phone, make sure USB debugging and allow unknown sources is checked.
- Plug the LG Optimus G into your computer, and make sure that Windows see the device’s adb connection correctly.
- Open the folder you extracted in step 2, and right click on the RootOptimusG.bat file. Choose Run as Administrator.
- You’ll see this first — "Nhan "y" neu ban muon root, nhan "n" de thoat:" type the letter y, then enter.
- Next you’ll see some English and some Vietnamese text. When you see "Press any key to continue…" press any key.
- You’ll see it say "Nhan chon "Restore my data" tren man hinh dien thoai!" then wait for input. Look at your phone, tap the button that says "Restore my data".
- The LG Optimus G will reboot twice, be rooted, and ready for fun. To exit the DOS routine just press another key.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts