For new MetroPCS LG Optimus F6 Android owners, rooting is an intimidating process, especially since there has few way to gain root access. I’ve previously covered a way of doing it for the T-Mobile version of the LG Optimus F6 that has the V10B firmware on it. Definitely not a hard task for a first-time rooter.
Today, thanks to the crafty developers at Kingo App, root can be attained with just one click now, and working for the MetroPCS version of the LG Optimus F6, but I haven’t try it on my phone for now.
You’ll need to have the following components ready:
- A MetroPCS LG Optimus F6
- Micro USB cable
- A Windows PC
You’ll need to have the software:
Here’s how to get started:
- Download and install Kingo Android Root
- Enable USB debugging mode on your phone (Tap Settings, Developer Options, then tick the box for "USB debugging.").
- Run Android Root on your PC, connect your phone to your computer with the micro-USB cable. Kingo Root will detect it and start installing the device’s drivers (if necessary). Keep an eye on your phone for an "Allow USB debugging?" alert. Make sure to choose OK.
- Click the orange ROOT button when you’re ready. This step may take a few minutes, and once it’s successful. Click the Finish button and reboot your LG Optimus F6.
How to check:
- Download the Root Checker app from Google Play, which verifies whether your device has root or not.
- Open up the app then tap on the Verify Root Access button. A Superuser request should pop up, so select Grant.
- You’ll now see the words that every softModder wants to see on their Android phone: "Congratulations! This device has root access!"
LG Optimus F6 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts