I’d like to begin this post, by saying that I did not come up with this method, but wanted to get it written up as a proper thread as soon as possible for people to start enjoying root on their LG Optimus Regard 4G LTE!
All files needed are attached, the guide below is for LG Optimus Regard works on Windows OS, but Linux and Mac scripts are included in the zip. (If certain files are not permitted to be attached, MODs please excuse and PM me, and I will look into hosting them myself)
How to root LG Optimus Regard 4G LTE Steps:
- Download and install the LG Optimus Regard drive: http://www.4shared.com/file/0rGF_vkf/LGUnitedMobileDriver_S4981MAN3.html
- Download the file called "o4xr" from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1297942&d=1346603576
- Once downloaded put the extracted files under C:\
- Then download the app "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk" from that site/post as well and copy it to your phone to the root of your sd card
- Now open Settings>scroll down to security and check unknown settings
- Then go to developer options in settings and check usb debugging
- Now on a file explorer on the root of your sd card install "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk"
- Once the app is installed open it and then open the power options (hold the power button for 3 seconds) and click power off & restart
- Once phone turns back on (should be running slow) connect your phone to your computer through USB (charging only).
- Open the command prompt and enter the command "cd C:\o4xr" then typr "root" (or whatever is the root of your windows system) (no parentheses)
- Next wait for the script to run and your phone will reboot when that happens uninstall SystemBackupTest DO NOT OPEN IT you will have to run the script. The script will say this which means your phone has been rooted it should take a few minutes that’s it and it’s done
- * daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
1958 KB/s (2005736 bytes in 1.000s)
1916 KB/s (91980 bytes in 0.046s)
2148 KB/s (996704 bytes in 0.453s)
rm failed for /data/local.prop, No such file or directory
(KB/ bytes in xxxxs may vary)
- You are done your LG Optimus Regard has been successfully rooted
DISCLAIMER: This method was tested successfully on my LG Optimus Regard. I am not responsible for what you do to your device after reading this guide. You undertake any actions at your own risk!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts