Finally there is some great news for LG Optimus Me owners looking for an easy and pain less root. Senior Member, Chainfire, at XDA Forums has released a rooting apk (GingerBreak) for LG Optimus Me. I root my LG Optimus Me P350 and everything works fine. So I hope this helps you guys. LG Android Phones
This makes it easier to root LG Optimus Me:
- Make sure you have an SD card mounted
- Turn on USB debugging
- Turn on Unknown sources
- Go to XDA and download the latest Gingerbreak.apk
- Install it
- Run it
The original thread is located here:
[22.04.2011][v1.1] GingerBreak APK (root for GingerBread) – xda-developers
(this is still a work in progress) LG Phone Problem and Solution
The GingerBreak APK is a wrapper around the newly released GingerBreak exploit (credits to The Android Exploid Crew), which is meant to attain root access on GingerBread. This specific exploit may work on various Froyo and Honeycomb versions as well. LG Phone Problem and Solution
What the APK and exploit do is as follows: LG-Optimus info
– The APK puts the right files in the right place to run the exploit
– The APK runs the exploit
– The exploit attempts to attain root access
– If it succeeds, the exploit remounts /system as read-write and runs the installer script
– The installer script attempts to install the su binary and superuser APK, and reboots
Some important things to know:
– You must have USB debugging enabled on your LG Optimus Me
– You need to have an SD card (formatted and) inserted – if it doesn’t work, try formatting the SD card in your computer, or switching it with a different (or old, etc) SD card
– The APK must be installed to LG Optimus Me, NOT SD card
– The exploit may take a while to run, but not more than 10 minutes, if it does, get me a logcat, and reboot the LG Optimus Me. In rare occasions, even if your LG Optimus Medoes not reboot, you may still have root. So check that out after you manually pull battery after 15 minutes or so of being stuck.
– Always reboot between root attempts!
– While (temporary?) root access may be attained, due to locked bootloaders, efuses, S-ON, and whatnot this may still not work on your LG Optimus Me. For temproot purposes, use the raw binary exploit (linked below), not this APK.
– The GingerBreak exploit should not be used to attain temproot and continue using the device. It fscks vold, you do not want to be running like that. You want to reboot! So if the root doesn’t stick, you (still) have a problem.
– Optional: Press the Thanks button below this post
– Make sure USB debugging is enabled
– Make sure you have an SD card (formatted and) inserted
– Get the APK on the LG Optimus Mesomehow, and install it
– Open the APK, press the root button
– Wait a few minutes. If there are no problems, the device will reboot (note that the reboot itself can take like 10 minutes due to cache wipe)
– Make sure the Superuser app is install and working
– Optional: Install BusyBox from Market (I personally prefer the stericsson installer)
– Optional: Uninstall GingerBreak, you don’t need it on your LG Optimus Me anymore
– Optional: Make a donation
WARNING: Apparently on some devices the root exploit causes the SD card (internal or external) to be formatted. Also, if it gets stuck but you do see the card mounting/unmounting, try formatting your SD card yourself and try again (or use a different SD card) – often this works (a fix for both issues is being looked at). LG-Optimus info
Feel free to let me know if you have any trouble, enjoy!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts