Now we have the ability to completely root our LG Optimus L5 by following the guide below. I’ve tested this on LG Optimus L5 E610/E612/E615/E617. Works great like a charm.
Just remember: Do this at your own risk.
- Turn USB Debugging ON (go to System Settings –> Developer Options) and Enable Unknown Sources (System Settings –> Security)
- My Root Package [Link1] [Link2]
- IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk [Link1] [Link2]
- Usb drivers: [Link]
How to Root LG Optimus L5 Steps:
- Go to “Play Store” and download and install “ASTRO FILE MANAGER”
- Copy IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk
- Then copy the apk “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” in the root package to you SDCARD. You can do this by connecting your Mobile Device in “MTP – Media Sync Transfer Mode”.
- Now using “ASTRO FILE MANAGER” go to “My Files 2” or “Local Storage 2” and install “IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk” into your mobile.
- Open the app after success installation. You will see a message “Hello World”. Now reboot your device.
- When the phone has completely rebooted, Plug your device to PC and change connection mode to “Charge Only Mode”.
- Extract “My Root Package” and follow:
- Run “root.bat” if you are using “Windows”
- Run “root.sh” if you are using “Linux”
- Run “root-mac.sh” if you are using “MAC OS”.
- If you can find "Superuser" app in your phone after the process. Congratulations, your LG Optimus L5 is completely rooted.
If incase you run into trouble while rooting your android device, you can
- Reinstall the usb drivers and restart the phone.
- Install ADB SDK from google’s developer website.
Credits to XxXKINGMAKXxX
LG Optimus L5 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
Bob on 10 June, 2013 at 11:56 pm #
Does it work on JB 4.1.2?
zs5zk on 10 November, 2013 at 6:53 am #
Thanks a Stack.!!! Works like a charm. My device is rooted or ROOT.
Thanks again, was very easy.
senne on 19 May, 2014 at 12:26 pm #
The mac file is not working, it opens a bracket file