Finally, the LG Optimus 4X HD is successfully rooted. Following is the full tutorial on how to root the LG Optimus 4X HD made by alexp999. This method was tested successfully by me on an EU phone running V10D. Good luck.
All things you will need:
How to root LG Optimus 4X HD Steps:
- Download, Unzip and Install the LG USB Driver.
- Download and extract the Root kit (o4xr.zip) to "C:\o4xr"
- Download and copy "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk" to your phone
- On your phone, go to "Settings -> Security" and make sure "Unknown Sources" is TICKED
- You should have USB Debugging enabled. Go to "Settings -> Developer options" and make sure "USB debugging" is TICKED
- Install "IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk"
- Open the "SystemBackupTest" app you just installed.
- Hold the power button and choose "Power off and restart".
- When you can see the lock screen, you may notice that the phone is running very slowly, this is normal.
- Connect your phone via USB to your computer.
- Make sure the phone is in "Charging Only" mode.
- Open a command prompt (may need admin privelages, right click, run as administrator)
- Type without quotes "cd C:\o4xr" and press enter.
- Type without quotes "root" and press enter.
- Wait while the script runs, and the phone will reboot automatically.
- You should then see the command prompt "C:\o4xr>".
- Uninstall the "SystemBackupTest" app on your phone. (Do NOT re-open it, or you will need to run the script again).
- On your phone, open up Google Play Store and search for "SuperSU".
- Update SuperSU then open it.
- Press OK to update the SU binary.
- Congrats, you now have root access.
DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage that happens to your LG Optimus 4X HD. Do this at your own risk.
LG Optimus 4X HD Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts