As we all know, many of our tutorials cover topics that require you to have root access. Rooting is a procedure to get the privileged control in Android subsystem. It is performed in order to overcome the limitations that are being implemented by the hardware manufacturers and carriers. So I made a tutorial to show you how to root your LG Nexus 5 without unlocking Bootloader.
Original Therad (thanks to Chainfire):
What is needed:
How to root LG Nexus 5:
- Download and install Android SDK
- Download the CF-Auto-Root-Nexus-5 ZIP file (see post above for link)
- Extract the ZIP file
- Boot your device in bootloader/fastboot mode. Usually this can be done by turning your device off, then holding VolUp+VolDown+Power to turn it on.
- Connect your device to your computer using USB cable
- If you are using Windows, navigate to the extracted directory and execute "root-windows". If you are using Linux, navigate to the extracted directory in a terminal and execute "root-linux.sh". If you are using Mac OS X, then execute "root-mac.sh".
- Follow the on-screen instructions, watch both the computer and the device.
Caution: This procedure will wipe all your data.
I tested it with my LG Nexus 5 and it works.
That’s all. You’ve successfully rooted your LG Nexus 5 without unlocking bootloader.
Hope this article about how to root LG Nexus 5 without unlocking bootloader helped you.
LG Nexus 5 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts