For all you LG Motion 4G owners, who have been patiently waiting for someone to root the Android device, the wait is finally over! I had my LG Motion 4G rooted with by following the method below. Worked like a charm! Hope this will help you.
Note: Please backup your data before rooting your LG Motion 4G. We will not be responsible for any brick. Now let’s go.
All things you will need:
How to Root LG Motion 4G Steps:
- Download and install the LG Motion USB Driver on your PC
- Download lg-motion-tool file,unzip to C:\o4xr
- Enable USB debugging on your LG Motion 4G (Setting>Developer options>USB debugging)
- Make sure “Unknown Sources” is selected, go to “Settings -> Security”
- Install and run the IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk
- Open the “SystemBackupTest” app you just installed.
- Hold the power button and choose “Power off and restart”.
- When you can see the lock screen, you may notice that the phone is running very slowly, this is normal.
- Connect your phone via USB to your computer.
- Make sure the phone is in “Charging Only” mode.
- Open a command prompt (may need admin privelages, right click, run as administrator)
- Type without quotes “cd C:\o4xr” and press enter.
- Type without quotes “root” and press enter.
- Wait while the script runs, and the phone will reboot automatically.
- You should then see the command prompt “C:\o4xr>”.
- Uninstall the “SystemBackupTest” app on your phone. (Do NOT re-open it, or you will need to run the script again).
- On your phone, open up Google Play Store and search for “SuperSU”.
- Update SuperSU then open it.
- Press OK to update the SU binary.
- You now have root and can safely restore the “Unknown Sources” and “USB debugging” settings back to how you had them!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
Antonio on 13 January, 2013 at 12:04 pm #
Did not work! After I installed SuperSU and opened it, it gave me this error message: “there is no su binary installed and supersu cannot install it this is a problem”
I also noticed some error messages while the scripts were running in the command prompt!
Antonio on 13 January, 2013 at 12:05 pm #
I am logged in as administrator!
John Logic on 7 May, 2013 at 8:06 am #
i tried this just last week && i bricked my phone
on 19 February, 2014 at 3:14 am #
I do not know whether it’s just me or if perhaps everybody else encountering problems with your website.
It seems like some of the text in your posts are running off the screen.
Can somebody else please provide feedback and let me know if this is happening
to them as well? This may be a issue with my web
browser because I’ve had this happen previously. Appreciate it
My homepage site