For all you LG Motion 4G owners, who have been patiently waiting for someone to root the Android device, the wait is finally over! I had my LG Motion 4G rooted with by following the method below. Worked like a charm! Hope this will help you.
Note: Please backup your data before rooting your LG Motion 4G. We will not be responsible for any brick. Now let’s go.
All things you will need:
- IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk: https://www.box.com/s/r4c69ef8mq8tg9ce379a
- LG Motion USB Driver: http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-motion-4g-ms770-usb-driver-download.html
- lg-motion-tool: https://www.box.com/s/aftg9mlfml3dd5datcyd
How to Root LG Motion 4G Steps:
- Download and install the LG Motion USB Driver on your PC
- Download lg-motion-tool file,unzip to C:\o4xr
- Enable USB debugging on your LG Motion 4G (Setting>Developer options>USB debugging)
- Make sure “Unknown Sources” is selected, go to “Settings -> Security”
- Install and run the IS11LG_SystemBackupTest.signed.apk
- Open the “SystemBackupTest” app you just installed.
- Hold the power button and choose “Power off and restart”.
- When you can see the lock screen, you may notice that the phone is running very slowly, this is normal.
- Connect your phone via USB to your computer.
- Make sure the phone is in “Charging Only” mode.
- Open a command prompt (may need admin privelages, right click, run as administrator)
- Type without quotes “cd C:\o4xr” and press enter.
- Type without quotes “root” and press enter.
- Wait while the script runs, and the phone will reboot automatically.
- You should then see the command prompt “C:\o4xr>”.
- Uninstall the “SystemBackupTest” app on your phone. (Do NOT re-open it, or you will need to run the script again).
- On your phone, open up Google Play Store and search for “SuperSU”.
- Update SuperSU then open it.
- Press OK to update the SU binary.
- You now have root and can safely restore the “Unknown Sources” and “USB debugging” settings back to how you had them!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts