First off, let me say that I did not develop this stuff and all thanks should go to those that did.
This is actually just a reference to an LG L40 root guide. You can thank olegat0r for putting that together.
I am just confirming that this method works. Good luck guys.
P.S. If you are a developer or I have used some of your material and/or you feel you should be credited, please let me know and I will update this post.
Caution: I’m not exactly sure if this would work for everyone but this worked for me so i just shared it with everyone hoping this would help others. And i will not be help responsible for any damage that cause, try it at your own risk. Anyway rooting and everything is risky so if you’re up for it only try it.
All things you will need:
- USB Drivers [Download]
- Ext2Fsd [Download]
- MiniTool Partition Wizard [Download]
- SDK [Download] or ADB [Download]
- Update.zip [Download]
- Rootchecker [Download]
Start rooting LG L40:
- Download and install LG USB Drivers
- Format external sdcard into ext2 by using cardreader and MiniTool Partition Wizard Tool (You can also try ext4, if ext2 doesn’t work for you!)
- Place the Update.zip to the external sdcard by using Ext2Fsd Tool
- Make sure your phone is in USB Debugging mode. Plug phone to PC.
- Make sure ADB has been installed, and ADB has the proper permission
- Open command window, type:
- adb devices (It will show your LG device)
- adb shell
- reboot recovery (when booted in stock 3e recover, unplug your phone. Plug in your sdcard.)
- Select: ‘apply update from external sdcard’ with power button, update.zip, then choose ‘reboot system now’)
- Reboot when zip finishes flashing. Done.
- Confirm root with rootchecker.
All these things are collected from LG L40 Forum. I do not take the credit. I just collected the data and defined it in a simple way.
LG L40 Android Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts