With a device as popular as the LG G2, achieving root on all variants is high priority. Now, all carrier versions, the AT&T G2 (D800) – D80010d, Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98010B (Shipping ROM), Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98011A (OTA), T-Mobile G2 (Shipping ROM), and KT F320k (Shipping ROM) have been rooted.
How to Root LG G2 Steps:
- Make sure you have installed the download and install the LG USB driver on your PC
- Make sure your phone is in the proper mode (For Verizon, use Ethernet mode on the PC settings menu)
- Enable Developer Mode on your phone (Got to settings / general tab/ About phone / Software information / Click build number about 10 times to enable Developer options) and enable USB Debugging
- Extract the zip file and double click root.bat
- The phone will ask you to unplug usb, go to developer options and
echo disable USB debugging and re-enable it. Once you’ve done that, re-plug your usb.
- You will then be asked if you would like to install su and superuser.
Note: Installing su and superuser will trip LG’s rootchecker! This means your LG G2 will show ROOTED in the settings menu and in the LG Download mode. If you do not want to possibly invalidate your warranty press CTRL-C to stop this script. You will have a rooted ADB, but no apps on the phone will be able to access root functions.
Currently the following phones are supported by this root package:
- AT&T G2 (D800) – D80010d
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98010B (Shipping ROM)
- Verizon G2 (VS980) – VS98011A (OTA)
- T-Mobile G2 (Shipping ROM)
- KT F320k (Shipping ROM)
- Rogers D803 (Shipping ROM)
- Bell D803 (Shipping ROM)
- Telus D803 (Shipping ROM)
- OPEN D802 (Shipping ROM)
The latest root tool Download:
LG G2 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts