Here is a simple guide for anyone interested in rooting the LG G2 Mini. At least, it worked for me, but i am not responsible for anything that happens to your device, if you really don’t know what you are doing please don’t do this, you’ve been warned.
Disclaimer – I will not be held responsible if you mess up, damage, freeze, brick or anything related, with your LG G2 Mini, It is very important to read through at least once to get the general idea.
All things you will need:
- USB Drivers [Download]
- Ext2Fsd [Download]
- MiniTool Partition Wizard [Download]
- SDK [Download] or ADB [Download]
- Update.zip [Download]
- Rootchecker [Download]
Start rooting LG G2 Mini:
- Download and install LG USB Drivers
- Format external sdcard into ext2 by using cardreader and MiniTool Partition Wizard Tool (You can also try ext4, if ext2 doesn’t work for you!)
- Place the Update.zip to the external sdcard by using Ext2Fsd Tool
- Make sure your phone is in USB Debugging mode. Plug phone to PC.
- Make sure ADB has been installed, and ADB has the proper permission
- Open command window, type:
- adb devices (It will show your LG device)
- adb shell
- reboot recovery (when booted in stock 3e recover, unplug your phone. Plug in your sdcard.)
- Select: ‘apply update from external sdcard’ with power button, update.zip, then choose ‘reboot system now’)
- Reboot when zip finishes flashing. Done.
- Confirm root with rootchecker.
All these things are collected from LG G2 Mini Forum. I do not take the credit. I just collected the data and defined it in a simple way.
LG G2 Mini Android Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts