I succesfully rooted an LG G Pro 2 D838 16GB version using the method describe in this page. Hope this help anybody cause i try several methods before and none of them work for the task.
Just follow the instructions and then you’ll got your LG G Pro 2 D838 rooted.
Tutorial to root LG G Pro 2 D838:
1. Extract and install the LG Flash Tool 1.5, go to C:\LG\LGFlashtool, overwrite the original Megalock.dll file
2. Download and install LG G Pro 2 USB Driver
3. Enter your phone into Download mode (Power off –> Press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down; Now Plug In USB Cable)
4. Open device manager to check if under "Ports (Com and LPT)" it shows up as “LGE AndroidNet USB Serial Port (COM##)”. If the COM number is anything other than 41, which it probably will be. Right click it in device manager and choose properties, then go to port settings tab and click advanced. On the bottom choose COM41 and hit OK
5. Unzip the Modified tot and dll files, run LG Flash Tool 1.5, choose "Select Manual Mode" checkbox on top then on the top DLL box choose the "LGUP_8974.dll", then in the S/W box click add and choose “f350k4d838.tot” firmware. Then hit OK.
6. Now click the yellow arrow in the top left of the main window.
7. When it says ready, unplug your phone, power off and then go back into download mode again, volume Up + USB. It should immediately connect and start flashing.
8. Download and extract the IOroot24
9. Make sure your phone is in USB Debugging mode. Plug phone to PC. USB connection to "Ethernet" mode.
10. Make sure ADB has been installed, and ADB has the proper permission
11. Run root.bat script and follow the onscreen instructions.
12. After root, flash the d838kernel.tot by following the steps 5-7
13. Done and congratulations.
This tutorial is verified to work on LG G Pro 2 D838 16GB Taiwan. May or may not work for 32GB version.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
why dont use easy root apk? it roots lg pro 2 in seconds
hamdy tr.apk cant root my lg pro 2 its say unsuport device..
In download mode the phone reboots when LG flash tool is still at 80%. Is it normal?