Since there are no many tips & tricks about the new LG Escape P870, I’m going to try and get as much useful information condensed into here for now.
This post will show you how to root LG Escape P870 with Android 4.0.4 ICS V10C & V10F Firmware. Not even sure how many people are looking for the guide, but hopefully this will be of some use to some guys.
Firstly, you need to know how to get your device into Download Mode:
- Power off the LG Escape P870 (holding the power button until the phone forces itself off).
- Remove the battery from the phone
- Holding down Volume Up & Volume Down and connect the USB cable. The screen will go black and then display download mode.
- To get out of it, just hold down the power key to power off the device.
The latest version of the tool is V1.6, but I highly recommend you to use the V1.2, since a lots people said that 1.2 works better for them.
How to Root LG Escape P870 Steps:
- Download the files linked above. While that is downloading, download "root checker" from the google play store to your phone.
- If you have not already done so, download the "SDK" from the android website and follow their instructions to set it up.
- On your phone, go to settings and the "developer options" section. Check (enable) "USB debugging". Make sure your phone is not connected to the cable to your computer.
- Connect your phone to the computer with the cable that came with the phone. Select pc installer from the popup menu on your phone or select that same menu under settings then connectivity section.
- Backup your stuff with your preferred programs. I used SMS backup from the google play store and the program backup the same developer made. Pictures I copied directly to my computer.
- Open the software downloaded from step one run the batch file (.bat) included. If you have it all configured correctly, there will be a prompt on your phone to restore. Select yes. Restart your phone once it is done and wait for your phone to be ready. Load root checker and see if you succeeded. If yes, congratulations. If not, re-run the .bat file as before. If you still do not have root after the second try, get version 17 of the generic LG rooting kit from the link to the original thread and run it. Then use root checker to see if successful.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts