For LG Ally owners, this is the instructions on how to Root an Android 2.2.1 FroYo OS device. This tutorial only works on Windows XP or Windows 7 (32bit or 64bit) operating systems. Download all files indicated in red, and double check that all folders and files are in place. -Make sure to read the entire guide before starting Step 1! Here we go! LG Phone Problem and Solution
How to Root LG Ally Android 2.2.1 FroYo Device Steps: LG-Ally info
1. DOWNLOAD Froyo.zip
2. EXTRACT Froyo.zip to C:\
2. RUN C:\Froyo\Drivers.bat
3. Connect your USB cable to your Ally and enable USB Debugging (Settings>Applications>Enable USB Debugging)
4. Run C:\Froyo\LGVS740\KP500-Utils-En.exe in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 and as an Administrator. (Only if you are not running Windows XP)
5. Choose option J
6. When prompted for phone model number, type "VS740" and then press enter
7. When prompted for the cab file, type "VS740ZV6_01.cab" and then press enter (you do not need to specify the location of the cab file)
8. When prompted for the version, type "VS740ZV6_01" and then press enter.
9. It should now load the familiar LG Manual Updater screen with a log window below and start reading information from your phone. It will proceed to flash your device.
If your firewall warns you about trying to access the internet, allow it.
Your phone will now load a screen that displays the LG and Verizon Wireless logos and says: DOWNLOADING! DO NOT UNPLUG!
At this point, it is now flashing the update to your phone. This normally takes around 20 minutes to complete. Once complete, your phone will automatically reboot.
10. RUN C:\Froyo\ADB.bat
DEVICE MANAGER WILL OPEN AUTOMATICALLY
11. Expand "ADB Bootloader Device" (Might be listed as "Android!" Under Other Devices)
12. Right click and choose "Update Driver or Install Driver"
13. Select "I will choose driver to install"
14. Navigate to where the Android USB drivers are (eg: C:\android-sdk-windows\google-usb_driver) (If file or directory doesn’t exist see Step 2).
15. Choose "android_winusb.inf" and accept that this is an unsigned driver it should notify you that the driver was successfully updated.
-It also may state that it can’t find suitable driver, if it does simply state you will look yourself and choose "Single ADB Boote Loader" or the like.
16. We handle the rest!
Congratulations! You have now successfully updated to Froyo 2.2.1 with a custom recovery and root access! Aren’t you proud of yourself?
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
I can’t get the .cab file to unzip it says its damaged. Plz Help???
If I already have Froyo can I still follow these instructions to root my phone for custom access?
i am getting the error on my phone “the process android.process.media has stopped unexpectedly. please try again” and the phone is unresponsive please help