The purpose of this article is to teach you to get root access on your LG Optimus G Pro. This guide is intended for use by Windows users with an AT&T LG Optimus G Pro (AKA LGE980). Be careful, good luck, and have fun!
How to root AT&T LG Optimus G Pro E980 Steps:
- (Optional if you have another means of un-RARing) Download and install 7-zip from here. You need this to open certain types of archives (specifically .rar, but you might also want to open .tar, .bz2, or other types of archives in the future). This program is supremely awesome in its ability to open almost any archive you throw at it. It’s also unobtrusive and efficient.
- Download and install LG USB Drivers from here. Without these drivers, your computer won’t be able to effectively communicate with your phone. This is vital for the steps we will be taking.
- Enable USB debugging by going to Settings->(General)->Developer options” and checking the box next to “USB debugging.” You will get warnings. You can probably ignore them. This setting will allow you to run commands on your phone from your computer (via USB). For more info on the Android Debug Bridge, click here.
- Download and extract (using 7-zip (or whatever)) the root exploit from here.
- Connect your phone to the computer with your USB cable.
- Put the phone into “Charge Only” mode at Settings->General->PC connection->USB connection type
- Open CurrentRoot.bat and follow its prompts. You will need to change from “Charge Only” to “Media sync (MTP)” mode. The setting is in the same place.
- Run SuperSU (now in your apps drawer) it and make sure it works. This program allows others to gain access to superuser privileges. For more info on rooting and what kind of stuff it lets you do, click here and/or use Google.
LG Optimus G Pro E980 USB Drivers Download:
LG Optimus G Pro User Manual / Guide:
Official AT&T LG Optimus G Pro Firmware / Rom / Flash File
How to Flash AT&T LG Optimus G Pro E980:
Stock LG Optimus G Pro wallpapers Download:
LG Optimus G Pro E980 Wallpapers – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts