Good news LG Optimus V fans – We’ve found a method to return your LG Optimus V back to the official stock software if you have the need. At this time, we are going to list the steps here, but the instruction I’m about to layout definitely work. In fact, I just went through this to make sure it works and everything was as smooth as a baby’s you-know-what (Sorry no video this time). Please follow these steps and you should be fine. LG Android Phones
Nandroid Instructions: LG Phone Problem and Solution
1) Extract the “BCDS-20110203-0357″ file into the “nandroid” folder, under the “mem=477M” subfolder.
2) Boot into recovery
3) Go into the “Backup/Restore” menu, and select “Nand Backup”
4) Allow it to restore
5) Reboot! System should be stock
6) To unroot, open up Superoneclick Root, and select “unroot”\
Recovery Instructions: LG-Optimus info
1) Download flash_image and the stock recovery and nandroid back up
2) Extract stock recovery.img and flash_image to the root of your sdcard
3) Open up an adb shell, or terminal emulator on your LG Optimus V
4) Enter the following codes:
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
You should reboot into the stock recovery afterward.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
The download link to flash has seem to be missing.
remove the quotation marks from the end of the URL for the link to the flash image and then you will have the correct link.
Thanks NekoXandu, you said right.
I’ve removed the quotation from the URL, thanks again.