This guide is intended to help you to return your LG Optimus G back to stock in order to either fix a bricked LG Optimus G that is stuck with a Security Error or in a bootloop, or just want to return the device for a warranty claim, or to be in a position to receive an official OTA. This should work for almost all bricked LG phones.
How to unbrick LG Optimus G Steps:
1) Download the latest KDZ from LG’s server for your phone: http://www.lg-phones.org/official-stock-lg-optimus-g-firmware-rom.html
2) Make sure you have LG United Drivers already installed, otherwise download from below: http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-optimus-g-usb-driver-download.html
3) Download LG KDZ Updater
4) Download the manual adb wipe batch file
5) Put your Optimus G into Download Mode by switching it off, attaching the usb cable to the phone, holding both the up and down volume buttons at the same time and lastly inserting the usb cable into the computer; wait for the drivers to finish loading if doing it for the first time.
6) Unzip the downloaded updater zip file and run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe. Use the settings below
7) Your LG Optimus G will restart itself when IParam = 90 is displayed and proceed slower until you see IParam=1 again (which signals the end of flash, you can safely exit the program then and remove the cable from the phone). If phone boots up normally, congrats, skip the steps below and proceed to use the phone as per normal.
However, this most probably will not be the case for newer Optimus-es, as the data partition somehow wasn’t wiped even when KDZ-ed, remaining ‘dirty’, thus causing bootloop or security infringement.
8) If the phone is stuck at the booting up LG/Telco logo, you will need to manually wipe the data partition.
9) Force the phone off by holding the power button for appx 15secs.
10) Put the LG Optimus G into recovery mode by holding the volume up and home button concurrently, then press the power button. Let go of all the buttons after you see the LG logo on screen for the 2nd time and the screen goes blank thereafter (backlight may still be on). The phone will kind of reboot and then enters recovery mode. Repeat the process if you did not get it the first time.
11) With the phone in Recovery Mode, connect it to the computer, wait for the drivers to load (if doing it for the first time), unzip the wipe batch file downloaded earlier from step (4), double click on wipe.bat to execute the wipe command.
12) Your LG Optimus G will auto reboot when wiped and (hopefully) boot as per normal.
THIS METHOD HAS NOT BEEN TESTED BY ME PERSONALLY! (But again, SHOULD be the same….TESTERS WOULD BE NICE)
LG Optimus G Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
Thank you, that helped me to restore my phone just be sure you install msxml for kdz updater
Thank you soo much. worked!! the optimus g is such a beast on paper and i was spewing when i though i coulnt use it again!! but this saved my life
luv u… it works… lg is a BEAST………..now Flawless working F180l
Thank you soo much I couldnt use my phone for so many days Thumbs up
In this video we teach solve the problem Security Error on LG devices. is very easy to repair. repair security error lg phones easily. With few steps you will have your smartphone lg optimus repaired.
Copy and paste this link into your browser:youtu.be/r5f-9uvu4Tk
file extration error! why?
i got extract file error lg f180 please help.
I have got a “secure booting error” on my lg-f180s.
My phone is not getting into download mode and recovery mode.
It doesn’t show on pc too. What to do now??? PLZZ help