This method will restore your LG Nexus 5 back to 100% complete stock. Also it will unroot your phone and get rid of Custom Recovery. Use this method if you want to get back to complete stock or if you brick your phone or if, for some reasons, the phone can not boot into fastboot mode.
Caution: This process will wipe your phone completely. Backup your storage before you continue. Do it at your own risk! If you follow this guide properly you will be on the safe side.
How to Restore / Unbrick / Unroot LG Nexus 5 to Stock:
- Install SDK drivers: http://developer.android.com/index.html
- Unlock your bootloader (In case you haven’t already): http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-lg-nexus-5.html
- Download the latest factory images from here:
- Power off your phone.
- Boot it in fastboot by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Down at the same time.
- Connect your phone to your PC through your USB cable.
- Execute the flash-all.bat script (for Windows) or flash-all.sh (for MAC and LINUX) in the folder where you extracted the factory images.
- Wait for everything to flash.
- After everything finished, select "Recovery" using the volume buttons.
- When a small Android appears, press Power Button + Volume UP.
- Select "Wipe data/factory data reset"
- Reboot. Your phone should be stock.
Warning: DO NOT UNPLUG USB CABLE WHILE EXECUTING THE PROCESS, YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE!
LG Nexus 5 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts