Like many other carrier-locked devices, the LG Ally comes with a lot of bloatware loaded on by Verizon that may not be wanted by many Verizon users. This How-To will show you how to remove those apps without harming your device or the carrier getting angry about it.
These can be removed with absolutely no problems!
- Amazon Mp3
- Backup Assistant
- Calendar Widget
- My Verizon
- Thinkfree Office
- Home Selector
- LG Home
- SNS (Socialite) (LG Social)
- Message Widget
- Alarm Clock Widget
- Dual Clock
- Bookmarks Widget
- City ID
- Clock Weather Widget
- Genie Widget
- Skype Mobile
- Visual Voice Mail
- Car Home
These can be removed but will disable some features:
- TalkBack – These are for handicap settings.
- Kickback- These are for handicap settings.
- Soundback – These are for handicap settings.
- Deskclock – Will lose alarm clock.
- Email – Will lose pop3 email support.
- Gmail – Will lose Gmail support.
- Launcher2 – Will remove all ways of opening apps or doing anything, safe if another launcher 2 is present (helix, zeam, adw).
- LGHiddenMenu – Flashlight.apk, and a few other minor details stop functioning
- LiveWallpapers – Lose Live wallpaper support
- Street – lose street view in Maps
That’s it. Once you have deleted all of the apks listed above, you should finally be able to get rid of all those unwanted apps you have always wanted to remove from your LG Ally!!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts