If your are annoying the default MetroPCS LG Optimus M powering up sound, you come to the right place. The purpose of this thread is teach you how to remove / modify the default LG Optimus M powering up sound. Come with me to use your own sound. LG Android Phones
One thing must be done, you should root your LG Optimus M in first. Here we go:
- Basically go to Android Market… download and install z4root by RyanZA (not the chinese one)
- Install it and root your LG Optimus M
- Once rooted buy Root Explorer(you can find if elsewhere if you are smart for free).
- Run Root Explorer, make sure you "allow" it superuser permissions.
- Press Mount R/W button at the top
- Navigate to /system/sounds/poweron/PowerOn.mp3, press and hold the file then rename it to Power.mp3 or something else.
- Exit, reboot to have a test. LG Phone Problem and Solution
If you want to use your own sound, just replace the the sound (PowerOn.mp3) by the mp3 you want. If you still have any questions, feel free to let me know. LG-Optimus info
LG Optimus M Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts