Sprint has officially launched the Android 4.0.4 ICS update for LG Viper 4G a couple of days ago. In this topic, we will show you how to update your LG Viper 4G to the latest LS840ZVI firmware. Good luck.
All things you will need:
- LG Viper USB driver: http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-viper-4g-usb-driver.html
- Update.zip: http://www.sendspace.com/file/fjd72j
- ADB.zip: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hurew5
How to manually update LG Viper 4G to Android 4.0.4 ICS Steps:
1. Download the update.zip file (don’t change it or will not be able to install correctly in this guide)
2. Put the update.zip file to the root of your SD card.
3. Make sure you have the adb installed on your pc and turn on usb debug on your device.
4. If you don’t have adb installed. You can download the file, the download link is attached
5. After you’ve downloaded the file, open it using windows explorer and it will show a folder called adb. Copy that folder to the C drive of your pc.
6. Now run cmd command in windows 7.
7. Now you will get your c:\user\whateverishere> type cd\ and press enter
8. Now you should a display that shows c:\
9. Next type this command in c:\adb when you have done that press enter
10. Now your command prompt is C:\ADB>
11. Now type in this command on the C:\ADB> adb reboot recovery and press enter
12. The LG Viper 4G will reboot in stock recovery and when it does select update.zip in your menu choice in the recovery menu and the process takes about 10 minutes to install when it does your device will reboot to ICS
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts