LG has officially launched the Android 4.0.4 ICS update for Verizon LG Spectrum a couple of days ago. In this topic, we will show you how to update your LG Spectrum to the latest VS920ZV7 firmware. This guide uses the LG update tool. The method is great for getting the latest firmware for your region. Good luck.
Tools you will need:
- KP500 (http://androidfiles.massivefilehost.com/LG_Tools/LG_Tools.zip) [Mirror]
- LG Update tool from LG site (LG Mobile Support: Find the Latest Drivers & Product Guides | LG USA)
- LG Spectrum Android 4.0.4 ICS VS920ZV7 Firmware: (http://www.lg-phones.org/official-verizon-lg-spectrum-firmware-download.html)
- LG Spectrum USB Drivers : http://www.lg-phones.org/verizon-lg-spectrum-usb-driver-download.html
An internet connection on the PC you are working from. The LG tool needs an internet connection while flashing the phone or it will fail. If you have a firewall asking if you want to let the LG Tool talk to the internet, let it.
How to Flash LG Spectrum to Android 4.0.4 ICS VS920ZV7 Steps:
- Charge your battery to full, not just 80% or so.
- Run the driver package and let it run its course. It will appear as thou nothing is happening for about 30 seconds, then the installer will finish running. Then set phone to Debug mode and make sure all additional drivers install correctly. If you have adb on your PC, you can test your connection buy running ADB shell and seeing if your phone connects correctly.
- Go into your Windows Device Manager and disable the device under Modems -> LGE AndroidNet for VZW USB Modem.
- Remove your battery and remove your memory card.
- Reboot your phone in “Download Mode” (re-insert your battery and replace the back plate. Hold down vol up + vol down. Plug in usb cable while holding both buttons.)
- I highly recommend using the official cable that came with the phone when doing a flash and not being on and USB hubs.
- Extract KP500 tool into a directory (i.e. C:\KP500)
- Move your .cab file to the same directory
- Run your KP500 file as administrator
- Choose I “Flash with assistance (file .cab)
- Phone Model = VS920
- Input the full path to your cab file including .CAB at the end (i.e. C:\KP500\VS920ZV7_15.S7_15.P58014.R5.cab)
- Input the full file name of your cab (aka version) without the Cab (i.e. VS920ZV7_15.S7_15.P58014.R5.cab)
- Watch as the LG update tool pops up.
- It will most likely tell you that your phone is disconnected. This is normal and to be expected.
- Click Restart.
- It will find your phone and go thru extracting the cab file and then extracting a .bin file.
- At this point if you did something wrong with driver setup or not disabling the modem driver, you will get a page error. If you did it right, you will get a percentage indicator that goes past 15%. Every so often a message will go by about “model dll message not found”. This is normal.
- Wait for your phone to finish flashing and let it reboot on its own.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts