LG Nexus 4 owners may be glad to hear that the Google is rolling out the Android 4.2.1 update for it’s Nexus-line devices. The update brings a few bug fixes. However, it seems that many LG Nexus 4 users have yet receive the new update until now.
Here’s a simple guide on how to manually update LG Nexus 4 to latest Android 4.2.1 using Clockworkmod Recovery.
LG Nexus 4 Android 4.2.1 Download:
How to manually update LG Nexus 4 to Android 4.2.1 Steps:
If you have your phone rooted, and install the Clockworkmod Recovery:
- Download the copy the zip file to the root of your SD card
- Reboot into CWM recovery
- Flash the zip file
- Congratulations! Now you have the Android 4.2.1 on your LG Nexus 4
Flashed this may lose your root. However after flashing, CWM will notify you that root had broken and asked whether you wanted to restore it. If you say yes, you will not lose root.
If you are stock, unrooted without CWM:
- Unlocked your bootloader: http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-lg-nexus-4.html
- Install ADB/fastboot drivers: http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-nexus-4-drivers-download.html
- Power off your phone, entry into Fastboot mode by holding “Volume down” and “Power” buttons in the same time
- Scroll down to Recovery and enter.
- On the No Command Android screen hold Power and Volume + to get to menu. Might take a few attempts to get timing right
- On the menu select Update from ADB
- Connect your phone to computer with USB cable
- On computer type “adb sideload 625f5f7c6524.signed-occam-JOP40D-from-JOP40C.625f5f7c.zip”
- You should then see this output: “sending: ‘sideload’ 100%”
- Your phone screen will say System Update or something and it will install the OTA.
Update: JOP40C from JVP15Q – http://android.clients.google.com/pa…Q.609c838b.zip
LG Nexus 4 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts