The Android 4.4 Kitkat update has started rolling out to the LG G Pad tablet around the world. But if your tablet has yet to receive the update, then don’t despair — we’ve got a quick walkthrough that’ll get you updated in a few minutes, assuming you’ve got a little experience with a command line.
The process is pretty simple and does not require root access or an unlocked bootloader.
- First, you need to install the latest Android SDK (or at least steal the newest adb.exe from it). [Android SDK]
- Download the 4.4.2 OTA and place the update.zip package in the Android SDK/platform-tools folder on your PC, but do not unzip it.
- Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled in Developer Options
- Plug in your device to your PC and make sure the drivers are installed. Type the following:
- adb devices
- Command your device to reboot into the recovery
- adb reboot recovery
- When the recovery loads you will see a red exclamation point, hold down power first, followed quickly by volume up, then release both buttons
- Make sure your device is connected
- adb devices
- You should see a list:
- Reboot System
- Apply Update from ADB
- wipte data/factory reset
- wipe cache partition
- Use the volume up/down keys to select "apply update from ADB," then press power to select it.
- On Windows, type:
- adb sideload a0bd45922b5958a38acef76f577f527268ef90db.signed-KRT16O.L004_user-KOT49H.L004_user_update.zip
- The update should begin installing. When it’s done, select "reboot system now."
- Enjoy some delicious KitKat
LG G Pad 8.3 Android 4.4.2 Kitkat OTA Update Download:
LG G Pad 8.3 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts