Making a Nandroid will allow you to try out new ROMs while still keeping a safe backup in the event you experience issues during or after a custom OS or kernel installation. Be sure your LG Nexus 5 is fully charged before proceeding to the backup and flashing procedures.
If you are not already booted into recovery then do so now.
- Boot into fastboot mode (Volume Down + Power)
- Browse with the volume keys to Recovery Mode and press the power button
- You are now in custom recovery.
- In CWM go to Backup and Restore and select Backup. In TWRP select Backup. Name and select the options you want. Swipe to backup.
- In TWRP, after the nandroid is finished, select "Name" and create a name for your EFS backup. Deselect everything except for EFS then swipe to backup.
- After backup is finished, select reboot system now or stay in recovery to continue with this guide.
NOTE: Be sure to save a copy of these backups to your computer and/or micro sd card. Having a recent backup saved to your computer and micro SD card can be useful if something happens to your phones internal memory.
LG Nexus 5 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts