Yes, you can make full system backup and restore with Nandroid on Google Nexus 4 by using ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM). The concept is like full system backup with Norton Ghost on PC. Therefore, you can try lot of custom ROMs and restore back to your daily use ROM after testing them.
How to backup Google Nexus 4 with ClockworkMod Recovery? Before you do so, you need to install ClockworkMod Recovery first.
Making a Nandroid:
- The first thing you’re going to want to do is back up your phone’s entire system. This is done by making a "nandroid."
- To do this, boot into ClockworkMod Recovery. To accomplish this: Turn your phone off. Once it is completely off: hold both volume buttons and the power button until the Android with his chest exposed is displayed. Navigate to the "Recovery Mode" option and select "backup."
- This will take some time. Be patient and let it finish. This process is important! You should always have a recent nandroid available on your device.
Backing Your Data Up
- Install Titanium Backup from the market.
- Open Titanium Backup. A Superuser request should pop up. Allow it. Note: if Titanium Backup then says it failed to obtain root access; press the menu button and select more>reload application.
- Press menu>batch. Select "Backup all User Apps." Select all and "Run the Batch Operation."
- Let the process complete. This may take quite some time: depending on how many applications you have installed.
- You can now backup your Text Messages, Bookmarks, and WiFi addresses with Titanium Backup as well.
- Press Menu>Backup Data To XML to do so.
Backing Your Contacts Up
Note: This process may or not be useful to you. The Google servers should automatically import any contacts you have stored back whenever you install a new rom. Also note that Facebook/Google+/etc contacts will need to be synced again through their respective applications.
- Open the Contacts application.
- Press the Menu button.
- Select import/export.
- Export to storage.
Do make sure that you make full system backup of LG Nexus 4 with CWM from time to time to avoid data loss. Always make a backup before try out new custom modification.
LG Nexus 4 Phone Photos - LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts