So now that you are done with rooting on your LG Optimus V, the next step before installing a custom ROM is to install a custom recovery on your phone. LG Android Phones
Custom Recovery is the most important step in the process of installing a custom ROM and it is imperative that you follow the instructions carefully. Once custom recovery is successfully installed, you can flash new ROM’s, backup your current ROM and do much more. In short, once your done with custom recovery it is a 99.9999% assurance that you will never brick your LG Optimus V. LG Phone Problem and Solution
Warning: I am not responsible for any damage to your device. Proceed at your own risk.
Follow the below steps to install custom recovery on your LG Optimus V:
- Download a custom recovery of your choice.
- Extract Flash_image and put the recovery.img and flash_image on your sd card (root of the sd card)
- Now we will open a adb shell. Open “/superoneclick/ADB” folder. Shift+Right Click in a open area and choose “Open command window here”. (I know that trick works in Windows 7, not sure about other Operating systems.)
- Paste the following commands into the command prompt one by one.
- adb remount (It should say remount succeeded.)
- adb shell
- cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
- chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
- flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
- reboot recovery
- In your chosen recovery, make a Nandroid backup.
That is it. You have got custom recovery on your LG Optimus V now and are ready to install custom ROM’s. I will show how to do that in the next post.
Never EVER, EVER do a factory reset. (Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset) You have been warned. LG-Optimus info
How to enter into the custom recovery?
- Power off your phone (no usb cables or power supply connected), Hold Home+Volume Down+Power till LG screen disappears.
Thanks to Takenover83 for the Custom Recovery installation script.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts