I have installed the latest CyangenMod 7 on my LG Optimus 2X device last night. Everything ran smooth (faster than stock indeed) and I really liked it. LG Android Phones
Following is the full guide on how to install the CyangenMod 7 on the LG Optimus 2X. Before flashing, you must install the Recovery on you phone. If the LG Optimus 2X already has a custom Recovery Image installed, you may skip this section.
So, all can look into the below steps so that they do not get into any trouble.
- Search for ROM Manager in the Market (free or paid) and install the app.
- Open the ROM Manager application and select Flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Click on LG Optimus 2X and then give the app root permission if it prompts you.
- If it hangs after that and freezes up, just allow the app to Force Close. Then open it back up and repeat steps 2 & 3.
- Once the flash was successful, you should see a dialog box that says "Successfully flashed ClockworkMod recovery!".
- Press OK. LG Phone Problem and Solution
- The ClockworkMod Recovery should now be installed on the LG Optimus 2X.
How to flash LG Optimus 2X to CyangenMod 7 Steps: LG Cell Phone Software
First Method (via ROM Manager)
- Launch ROM Manager.
- Optional: Choose the first option in the app, Flash ClockworkMod Recovery to update to the latest version.
- Select the Download ROM option from the main menu in the ROM Manager.
- Select the CyanogenMod option, and then choose the latest version of CyanogenMod from the menu.
- Optional: When you select the latest version of CyanogenMod, check the Google Apps option.
- Once the ROM is finished downloading, it asks if you would like to Backup Existing ROM and Wipe Data and Cache.
- If Superuser prompts for root permissions check to Remember and then Allow.
- The LG Optimus 2X will now reboot into the recovery, wipe data and cache, and then install CyanogenMod. When it’s finished installing it will reboot into CyanogenMod.
Second Method (via Recovery)
- Download the latest version of CyanogenMod.
- Optional: Download the Google Apps for the device.
- Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of the SD card.
- Optional: Place the Google Apps .zip on the root of the SD card also.
- Boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once the device boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, use the side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select.
- Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.
- Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Select Choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the CyanogenMod update.zip.
- Optional: Install the Google Apps by performing steps 7 – 9 again and choosing the Google Apps update.zip.
- Once the installation has finished, select +++++Go Back+++++ to get back to the main menu, and select the Reboot system now option. The LG Optimus 2X should now boot into CyanogenMod. LG-Optimus info
All Done. You have CM7 on your LG Optimus 2X. All supports at cyanogenmod.com
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts