My friend has just got the LG Ally stock that hasn’t been rooted, the new LG Ally seems to have an old software version and apparently that is the reason that he is not receiving the OTA update yet. I guess he is not the only man has this problem, so I list the full instructions on how to force checking for the LG Android to get an OTA update. LG Phone Problem and Solution
How to force checking for the LG Android Steps:
- Open the standard LG Android Phone (Dialer) application
- Enter *#*#checkin#*#* on the dialer keypad ( *#*#2432546#*#*)
- On the last entry of the *, your phone will pause while it is checking for updates.
- Once it has completed, you will see a yellow exclamation icon in the notification (or different icon depending on your installed theme) bar letting you know that checkin has been completed and if an update exists you should be notified.
- It also appears that Market updates are also rechecked as part of this process, so any new updated applications will also notify you to upgrade your applications
This has been shown to work on 2.1 (Eclair), 2.2 (FroYo), and 2.3 (Gingerbread). However, not all LG Android Phone dialers support the codes, so try to use the stock Android dialer if you have multiple installed. LG Android Phones
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts