This tutorial will explain how to manually update Verizon LG G2 to the latest Android 4.4.2 Kitkat VS98024A OS.
First we need to prepare your device by returning it to factory stock VS98012B to make sure all mods and system-related changes are removed.
All things you will need:
How to manually install Android 4.4.2 Kitkat on Verizon LG G2:
- Flash or Update your phone to stock VS98012B
- Root with IORoot25
- Download the Stock VS98024A bin file and rename it to dlpkgfile without an extension
- Copy dlpkgfile to /cache/fota/.
- Make sure you have the “recovery” folder in /cache/. If not create one.
- From a command window run the following command:
- adb devices
- adb shell
- echo "–update_package=/cache/fota/dlpkgfile" > /cache/recovery/command"
- Make sure the "command" script file is exist in /cache/recovery/ after your type the above command, then go back to ADB Shell and type:
- am start –n com.lge.lgfota.permission/com.lge.lgfota.permission.DmcEzUpdateStart
- Your Verizon LG G2 VS980 will start the update process and you have to wait a while until it’s restarted.
Caution: I am not responsible for anything happening to your phone. Proceed at your own risk.
Verizon LG G2 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts