Since there is no guide for how to flash / unbrick the LG Thrill 4G with a kdz firwmare / rom anywhere (quick google search yielded nothing), I decided to create one myself. There are tips and references for each step at the end of this post in case you get stuck, but if you read all the instructions and follow this procedure carefully, hopefully you won’t need them.
All things you will need:
- USB Driver – [Download]
- KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip – [Download]
- Shttps.rar– [Download] (your antivirus can show it as a virus or infection but after the process you can do a full system scan and there will be no virus in your system)
How to Flash / Unbrick LG Thrill 4G back to Stock:
- Download and install USB Driver
- Edit your hosts in C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\ ( you can use notepad for this) and add at the end , 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
- Download shttps.rar unpack and run http.exe, a server status window will open “IGNORE IT BUT DONT CLOSE IT” and you will also see a SMALL SERVER icon in TASKBAR
- Right-click ON ICON and click on “Settings” >>> A “Configuration” Box will open, Then click on “HTTP” section >> Scroll down for a line “TCP/IP port for HTTP Server” and change Port value to “9002”. Click ok and minimize server window.
- Download and extract KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip
- Install B2CAppSetup.exe
- Launch Windows Enabler.exe, and switch to the “ON” position( left click on icon)
- Install the “msxml.msi” file
- Open Device Manager
- Windows XP – Right Click “My Computer”, click the “Hardware” tab, and select “Device Manager”
- Windows Vista/7 – In the Start Menu search bar, type “Device Manager” and select it at the top
- Unplug your phone
- Take out the battery
- Check Device Manager for the current active “COM Ports”
- Boot into DOWNLOAD MODE
- Plug the phone into the computer without the battery inserted
- Hold [VOL UP + POWER]
- Put the battery in and wait until it vibrates or for 3 seconds
- Check Device Manager for a NEW “COM Port”
- If there is not a new “COM Port”, restart Step 6
- Launch the “UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe” file, select your KDZ file.
- Set emeregency, 3gQCT, and press “NORMALL WEB UPGRADE TEST”
- Now “Read Phone Information” box will open with blank information, Just press “Upgrade Start”
- Now “Select country and language” small box will open Select “Different Country” and “English” and press “OK”.
- Now actual flashing will start, and if your KDZ file is good flashing will end without any issue.
- Congratulations! Your LG Thrill 4G should be flashed successfully now.
If your phone boots properly, ignore this.
Part 1: Booting into recovery
If your phone does not boot and you are stuck in a boot loop:
- Boot into RECVOERY MODE
- Hold [VOL DOWN + 3D]
- Press the POWER button until the phone vibrates
Part 2: Wiping data in recovery
- Use VOL DOWN to navigate to “wipe data/factory reset”
- Press the “3D” to select it
- Use VOL DOWN to navigate to “Yes”
- Press the “3D” to select it
- Restart the phone
Caution: Do this at your risk, I will not be responsible for any damage or brick on your phone. And good luck.
LG Thrill 4G Phone Photos - LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts