Thanks to jriv who discovered a way to flash T-Mobile G2X P999 to .kdz format firmware. I went ahead and tried his method out, and it works without any problems. I’ve typed up detailed instructions to help make it easier for others who want to flash their T-Mobile G2X P999 with the latest V21E.kdz firmware file. LG Android Phones
How to Flash T-Mobile G2X P999 Steps: LG Cell Phone Software
1. Download the latest V21E.kdz firmware file:
2. Download KDZ_FW_UPD:
3. Unzip the KDZ_FW_UPD file
4. Install MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (msxml.msi)
5. Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
6. Click on read phone information at the bottom of the program.
7. Click on Upgrade Start
8. Change country to different country and change Language to English
9. Click ok and this opens up the LG updater and will push the update of GB to your phone on windows 7 machine and for phone with LG-P999dwp model # (aka refurb)
This is KDZ_FW_UPD application translated to English. Also it has the fix for disabled buttons included (so you don’t need to use Windows Enabler) and it has a few more options. LG Phone Problem and Solution
Feel free to comment if you have any questions, concerns, clarifications, corrections, etc.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
[…] • http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-flash-t-mobile-g2x-with-v21e-kdz-firmware.html […]
This update isn’t available anymore, both the websites don’t work, please fix