Here is instructions on how to flash the LG Optimus Elite to stock. If you do something wrong, you will brick your phone, especially if it’s during the final steps as flashing the cab actually deletes your recovery partition before flashing the new one.
How to Flash LG Optimus Elite to Stock steps:
- Make sure your battery is fully charged or plugged into a charger
- Run the driver package and let it run its course. It will appear as thou nothing is happening for about 30 seconds, then the installer will finish running. Then set phone to Debug mode and make sure all additional drivers install correctly. If you have adb on your PC, you can test your connection buy running ADB shell and seeing if your phone connects correctly
- Go into your Windows Device Manager and disable the device under Modems -> LGE AndroidNet for USB Modem
- Remove your battery and remove your memory card.
- Reboot your phone in "Download Mode" (re-insert your battery and replace the back plate. Hold down vol up + vol down. Plug in usb cable while holding both buttons.)
- Extract KP500 tool into a directory (i.e. C:\KP500)
Move your .cab file to the same directory
- Run your KP500 file as administrator
Choose I "Flash with assistance (file .cab)
Phone Model = VM696
Input the full path to your cab file including .CAB at the end (i.e. C:\KP500\VM696ZV4_01.S4_01.P61007.cab)
Input the full file name of your cab (aka version) without the Cab (i.e. VM696ZV4_01.S4_01.P61007)
- Watch as the LG update tool pops up. It will most likely tell you that your phone is disconnected. This is normal and to be expected. Click Restart.
- It will find your phone and go thru extracting the cab file and then extracting a .bin file.
- At this point if you did something wrong with driver setup or not disabling the modem driver, you will get a page error. If you did it right, you will get a percentage indicator that goes past 15%. Every so often a message will go by about "model dll message not found". This is normal.
- Wait for your phone to finish flashing and let it reboot on its own. I did not do a factory reset and everything came back as it was, but with a new firmware version. You may wish to do a factory reset just to be safe.
LG Optimus Elite Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts