This tutorial explains how to flash your LG Optimus 4X HD back to original firmware using the KDZ firmware updater from this site. With this tutorial you will be able to upgrade your LG Optimus 4X HD from any country. LG Cell Phone Software
- Download these 3 apps: http://www.4shared.com/rar/Re4VCOAS/kdz-udpate.html [Mirror]
- Install B2CTools
- Extract the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip (ex.: C:\KDZ\)
- Install msxml.msi (located \KDZ)
- Extract WindowsEnabler.zip to the same folder as KDZ (ex.: KDZ\WindowsEnabler)
- Run LGMobile update (must be on your desktop) and install the usb drivers
- Reboot your LG Optimus 4X HD in SW Upgrade mode (remove the battery, hold vol down while inserting usb cable connected to your pc)
- Open the Windows “Device Manager” > Modems > disable the LGE Mobile USB Modem
- Run as administrator KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
- Run as administrator Windows Enabler.exe
- After run the app, an icon will appear on your tray, single-click on the icon until the “ON” text appears over the icon
- Go back to KDZ, locate press on the yellow folder and locate the .kdz file that you want to flash
- Select Type : 3GQCT. Select PhoneMode : DIAG
- Click on “Launch Software Update” and don’t click on anything else
- WAIT until your phone reboots automatically (5-7 min) and unplug the cable. Don’t care about the errorlog, it’s normal.
- And you’re done! Cheers
If you got only bootloop after flash .kdz, just do a hard reset: press and hold [vol -] and [power] until you got the “android recovery figure” and wait until they reboot again.
Warning: I will not be responsible for any damage of your device. Do it at your own risk! Has everything involving flashing, it always has its risks!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts