Right now it is likely that anyone here will brick due to the LG Optimus Regard having a secured bootloader. Flashing this firmware is your best shot at fixing any brick and back to stock, but this will not erase your contacts/apps/text messages/etc.
All things you will need:
- Download firmware from here: LG Optimus Regard (LW770) Firmware
- Download the programs to convert and flash firmware: KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip
How to get your LG Optimus Regard into emergency mode:
- Hold Power+Volume Up+Volume Down
- To get out of e-mode, pull battery (do not do this while flashing firmware!)
How to Flash / Fix / Return a bricked LG Optimus Regard back to Stock:
- Install phone drivers (http://www.lg-phones.org/lg-optimus-regard-usb-driver.html)
- Extract the KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip, install msxml.msi
- Disable antivirus software
- Open UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe
- Wait for the program to open
- Look for “Encrypt cab file to kdz file”
- Click the folder icon
- Choose the location of the cab you downloaded for LW770 firmware
- Encrypt cab -> kdz Program will freeze up. DO NOT EXIT until program says Done!!! Otherwise it won’t finish converting.
- Close program
- Open KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
- “Type” choose CDMA
- Choose in “Phonemode”: Emergency
- Click the folder icon and choose the kdz file that UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe just made.
- Click Launch software update and enjoy!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts