For those of you who have bricked your LG Spirit 4G (perhaps ended up in a bootloop), want to return to stock firmware (because you forgot to make a backup ROM!), or you want to return your Spirit 4G back to LG Service center for warranty, here’s how to unroot/unbrick your LG Spirit 4G with stock firmware.
All credits to sammyz at Androidforum
All things you will need:
- Download Firmware: LG Spirit 4G Official Firmware MS87010a
- Download Drivers: MS870 3.8.1 Drivers
- Download KDZ: KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip
Getting into Emergency Mode (Download Mode)
How to Flash a bricked LG Spirit 4G back to Stock:
- Install phone drivers
- Install msxml.msi
- Disable antivirus software
- Open UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe
- Wait for the program to open
- Look for “Encrypt cab file to kdz file”
- Click the folder icon
- Choose the location of the cab you downloaded for MS870 firmware
- Encrypt cab -> kdz Program will freeze up. DO NOT EXIT until program shows the location of the new file!!! Otherwise it won’t finish converting.
- Close program
- Open KDZ_FW_UPD.exe
- “Type” choose CDMA
- Choose in “Phonemode”: Emergency
- Click the folder icon and choose the kdz file that UpTestEX_mod2_marwin.exe just made.
- Click Launch software update and enjoy!
MetroPCS LG Spirit 4G Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts