We know that many people have had issues or problems on their LG Optimus S with the SD card mounting and unmounting on it’s own and being a nuisance as well as leaving some things inaccessible. This was solved by removing the sd card physically then re-inserting it. LG Android Phones
There currently is no "update" fix for the problem although Sprint has acknowledged it and is claiming that they will release a fix in the future. Personally, I am not counting on this nor would I trust Sprint and all it’s wisdom to fix an android software issue. As commendable as their efforts may be I just don’t see it happening… LG Phone Problem and Solution
However, there is hope! Listed below will be the most reliable ways of fixing this issue/problem. I would consider this a permanent fix. There have been no issues reported with the method described in post #1. LG-Optimus info
This should be a list of known fixes for the SD card issues that users have experienced. This should include any resolutions from previous threads. There should be no discussion in this thread. This is only meant to be a list of confirmed solutions. You are welcome to post your solution. This is NOT A TROUBLESHOOTING THREAD. If you want troubleshooting, there is another thread for that.
These instructions will tell you how to properly setup the card for use and transfer your old files from your old card.
Goes as follows (I suggest following these step by step to achieve desired results):
1. No matter where you buy it, make sure that it’s legitimate. Make sure it’s at least a Class 4!!! I would recommend an 8gb or more for future expandability and the 8gb is the one that worked for me! There is a really good price on the 8gb Sandisk right now in the androidcentral store: (MODS help me out with the link here) — http://store.androidcentral.com/sand…7A128A3291.htm That is probably the best price for a legitimate memory card that you know is not fake. You will know it is Class 4 by looking on the card itself. There is a VERY small white circle with a number inside of it. It should be a small 4!
Disclaimer: Buying an illegitimate card can cause unknown issues and possibly damage your computer and phone. I would recommend not buying from an unknown source (i.e. eBay, or an untrusted source). Androidcentral.com is a trusted place. Hence why it is recommended.
2. Get to your nearest computer and unpackage this fresh SD card!
3. Insert the card into your computer FIRST! Do not put this card into your phone until you have done the steps listed below. There will be a step to insert the card into your phone. Don’t worry.
4. At this point you have the card in your computer and a prompt should pop up asking what you want to do with the "removable media". Look to see what drive letter is assigned to the new memory card (i.e. E:, F:, G and write it down, remember it, scream it out loud… You will need it for reference in the next step. Click CANCEL or EXIT. DO NOT select the open folder for viewing or any other options.
5. Open "My computer". You should see the removable media drive listed in this folder. RIGHT CLICK the appropriate drive letter. This is important that you know which drive letter it was so that you click the right one. (If you don’t, you will have much bigger problems than the memory card on your phone… If you don’t remember which drive letter, just repeat steps 1-4 and continue.) A drop down menu pops up with a list of options. Click Format…
6. Important! Make selections exactly as listed!
7. Click Format. Wait 15-20 min. Yes, it’s long. But patience IS a virtue and worth waiting for in this case….
***———–***SKIP TO STEP 9 IF YOU DON’T NEED ANY FILES OFF THE OLD MEMORY CARD***———–***
8. If you want to copy files from your old memory card to the new one, now is the time (at what point you transfer the data doesn’t really matter it’s just more of a convenience to do it now rather than later since you should have both cards out of the phone at this point). Remove the NEW memory card from the computer (as not to cause confusion while transferring files, this doesn’t really make a difference but I know I would be the one to mess this up so it’s more of a disclaimer for the illiterate like me). Insert the old one. Open the drive (folder) to view files. Highlight all of the files and select ‘copy’. Right click your desktop and make a folder (it will be temporary). Open the folder, right click and paste the files to the folder. At this point you can either format, completely erase, or just take out the old memory card and burn it or put it under your car and drive over it a few times, smash it with a hammer, shoot it, or otherwise properly dispose of it. It’s no longer of use to you.
8.1. Insert new memory card back into computer. Copy (drag and drop, cut + paste, doesn’t matter) files in temporary folder on desktop to the drive letter assigned to the new memory card. Erase (or keep as a backup) the folder with these files in it.
9. Insert new memory card into LG Optimus S. You no longer have issues with SD card!
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
once i took out my SD card from my LG phone and the holder that holds the SD card in place has broken and my sis fixed it but it still isnt workong.
can you reply to me if you no what the problem thank you
I had this problem with mine, restarting several times a day, the fix? Bought a Transcend class 6 8gb card – result? Hasnt restarted one in the 2 months since I inserted it, like a new phone.
I bought micro sd hc card put a movie on it and then put it in my LG Optimus…it shows nothing from sd card…please help
i have the phone but the sd cark thingy broke off and they wont take it in to repair at teluse hhhhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllppppppppppppppp
Good old sprint. total bs.. My old card is fine but now I need to replace my perfectly good card with another perfectly good card to fix their issues.. Screw Sprint… signed, Mr. Counting down the days I can switch carriers
I Did all those steps you suggested… but it didn’t work please help!
Has anyone else confirmed this works 100%? I formatted my “stock” card that came with my phone on my computer, and the issue is still there. I then tried formatting it to FAT32, and still the same issue.
Just want some more confirmation if people bought a class 4 card, formatted it on their PC, and have been 100% trouble free.
So it’s an issue with phone not just mine. Ivswitched mine to a class 6 sans disk 8gig and no issue since.. the factory 2 gig was garbage I wouldn’t put it an infants toy phone.. lol
have the same issue here, have a few class 4 u SD and tried to format them as suggested, but didn’t work.
would appreciate it if anyone else with class 6 worked before I go buy a new one.
O.K. Please help, my LG670 cell phone won’t read my SD cards, it says not present or not mounted, But then sometimes it say, SD card not mounted or not present. Do I need a new driver/reader? Thanks
FOUND FIX;Had same problem. SD card clip would not stay closed. SD card would fall out if case was opened. Phone would not recognize SD card.
Insert SD card, close clip and slide the clip downward toward the bottom of the phone to lock SD card in place.
how can i transfer my apps to sd card
The motors are silent and there’s hardly a noise when steering. ” You can take a kart for 14 laps on the track, just like the professionals do. As of this moment, you can still play for free on some servers until the last update.
Here is my website :: real racing 3 wikipedia
Hey there! I realize this is sort of off-topic however I needed to ask.
Does operating a well-established website like
yours require a lot of work? I am completely new to running a blog however I do
write in my journal daily. I’d like to start a blog so I will be able to share my personal experience and thoughts online. Please let me know if you have any kind of recommendations or tips for brand new aspiring blog owners. Appreciate it!
If you are inflexible and won’t budge, you may end up with a kitchen that
just doesn’t work. However, addition of such a tub would definitely
be a coveted one. Try to get a balance between aesthetics and practicality.
Han Solo: Han starts out as something of a reluctant hero, doing tasks strictly for
the money. Helen Hunt and Julie Bowen presented the big award of the night to Ed & Cathy O’Neill, which was appropriate considrred Julie and Ed are both
on the show ‘Modern Family. What it’s about: Hal Jordan is an insubordinate and insensitive jerk when he isn’t saving lives and acting heroically in his own particular
A lot of people also find this tool very useful because it does
two things; cleaning your place and sanitizing it.
Whatever time of life acne becomes a problem for you know that there
are answers such as the proper facewash for acne and
diet for acne to help. Assumptions made by dealers have caused uncertainty between the private sector.
my page – free steam games