We first heard of the GPS issues on the LG Thrill 4G in August, now a senior XDA Member, californiarailroader who has posted a set of guides that will walk users through the GPS fix process. LG Android Phones
All things you will need:
- A rooted LG Thrill 4G
- Root Explorer app
Steps to fix GPS issues on LG Thrill 4G: LG Phone Problem and Solution
- Root your LG Thrill 4G first http://www.lg-phones.org/att-lg-thrill-4g-root.html
- Install the Root Explorer on the device
- Once you have rooted on your device and installed Root Explorer, then Using Root Explorer navigate to the system/etc folder
- Select the Menu button on the bottom of the phone, select more and then select "create new file" from the menu, name the new file gps.conf
- After Gps.Conf is created, in the upper right corner of the Root Exlorer window select the "Mount R/W" to make it say "Mount R/O", this enables you to edit the file.
- Hold down on gps.conf and select "open in text editor" from the menu.
- Okay, now you have the blank file open, put this in EXACTLY as it appears:
- After you are done typing the commands, tap on menu button and select Save and Exit. LG-Thrill-4G info
- Reboot your LG Thrill 4G, and you should have MUCH better GPS performance.
LG Thrill 4G Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts