If you have time and money to make it to the service center, you can go ahead and get LG Optimus V unbricked. Or simply follow the below guide to unbrick your LG Optimus V device. LG Android Phones
Following is a tutorial on how to unbrick a LG Optimus V back from death, but I have a warning. NO ONE should try this. No one. Not ever. Don’t do this. This will brick your phone. This is just for the OP, because his phone will be a coaster otherwise. I cannot stress this enough. No one do this! If you can get into adb shell or your recovery there is absolutely no reason to ever do this! Never ever ever ever ever ever!!!!!
Ok. With that out of the way and the OP wetting him or herself, we can continue. LG Phone Problem and Solution
- Download the Optimus V Stock Firmware Cab: VM670ZV4_13.S4_13.P61007.cab
- And the KDZ updater: KDZ_FW_UPD_EN.zip – 4shared.com – online file sharing and storage – download
- Uncompress the KDZ updater and install msxml.msi.
- Make sure your phone is fully charged.
- Turn your phone off (by pulling the battery if you half to).
- Plug in the USB cable.
- Hold down the volume down button, the power button, and the return button (the looping arrow button, not the home button). This is like entering recovery mode, but you are holding the return button instead of home.
- This will launch "Emergency Mode". Don’t be alarmed.
- Your computer should start installing drivers. Let it finish.
- Emergency mode might start looping on and off. That’s fine. It is trying to connect to the software on your computer. Ignore it.
- Disable LGE Virtual Modem drivers it installs. In your Windows operating system, go to Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Modems > Right click on LGE Virtual Modem and click Disable. (very important not to skip this step!) If there is no virtual modem listed, you may continue.
- This is as far as I’ve gone personally. The rest is theory.
- Shake the phone. (No clue why. Just mindlessly do it.)
- Run KDZ_FW_UPD.exe from the uncompressed KDZ updater.
- Select Type : CDMA (If that fails, try 3GQCT)
- Select PhoneMode : EMERGENCY (If that fails, try CS_EMERGENCY, or DIAG)
- After this point do not turn off your phone for any reason or error! If the falshing fails, just try using different settings from above, but don’t restart the phone!!!!! Maybe you need to shake the phone more.
- Pick the Optimus V firmware file when asked to.
- Shake the phone for good luck and flash. LG-Optimus info
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts