How to fix a soft-bricked LG Optimus L9:
1. Create a Shortcut on desktop (Right-Click >> New >> Shortcut) and paste following line as it is. Assuming your windows is installed in "C:\Windows"
- %windir%\Notepad.exe "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts"
You can give any name to the shortcut but "EDIT HOSTS" will be good word. Now you will see shortcut on desktop with name "EDIT HOSTS"
2) Right click on "EDIT HOSTS" and "Run as Administrator" and add following line at bottom
- 127.0.0.1 csmg.lgmobile.com
Now SAVE file and Close it.
3) INSTALLING SMALL SERVER: Download "shttps.zip" (attached) and Extract the Zipped folder "shttps" in root of C Drive of your computer.
Now Run "C:\shttps\http.exe" as Administrator, a server status window will open "IGNORE IT BUT DONT CLOSE IT" and you will also see a SMALL SERVER icon in TASKBAR
Right-click ON ICON and click on "Settings" >>> A "Configuration" Box will open, Then click on "HTTP" section >> Scroll down for a line "TCP/IP port for HTTP Server" and change Port value to "9002" (See Image). Click ok and minimize server window.
Now you have fooled LG and running LG Update server on your computer. THIS IS OPTIONAL BUT YOU CAN SEE A WEBPAGE WITH THIS LINK
If webpage is now shown, something is wrong. Start again.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts