A lot of LG Marquee owners seem to have trouble getting the built in AP to work right. Following is a method that will teach you how to get this working.
Guide to get the Built-In WiFi-AP Working on LG Marquee:
- Download QuickShortcutMaker from the market and install it. [Download Link]
- Launch QuickShortcutMaker
- In the "Activities" list find the object "LG Hidden Menu" (com.lge.hiddenmenu) with the activity "LGServiceHiddenMenu_Settings" and select it
- Give it a name like "LG Settings", change the icon if you want, save it and put it somewhere convenient (you’ll have to access it after each reboot and before trying to access the AP service)
- Launch the shortcut you just created
- Select "Data Settings"
- Select "DUN NAI"
- The "Extend Modem" box will pop up. Choose "No" then back out to your homescreen
- Hit the "Menu" haptic-key and select "Settings"
- Select "Wireless & Networks"
- Select "Tethering & Portable Hotspot"
- Select "Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot Settings"
- These are the settings I have for "Jay-Fi". Match them, save and back out to the "Tethering & Portable Hotspot" menu.
- Select "Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot" and in a few seconds, you should be up and running in infrastructure mode
If you have a firewall running, you may need to disable it/allow an exception for the Hotspot app. Hope this helps you. Have a nice day.
LG Marquee Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts