Let’s just get right into this.
Warning: I am not responsible for anything that happens to your device.
1. Unlock Bootloader. http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-lg-nexus-5.html
Unlocking the bootloader will wipe your LG Nexus 5, including the internal sdcard. You will lose everything that you do not backup to your computer before you begin. Keep that in mind before you proceed.
2. Install Clockworkmod or TWRP custom recovery. http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-unlock-bootloader-on-lg-nexus-5.html
Custom recovery will help us to gain root access (and later, flash ROMs and such if you choose).
This will grant us root access after we flash it in recovery.
- Place this Superuser.zip in the platform-tools folder inside of the android-sdk-windows folder on your desktop.
- Reboot your phone into the bootloader. (volume down + power). Once in the bootloader use the volume rockers to scroll onto Recovery Mode, then press power to select it. This should bring you into your newly installed custom recovery. Leave the phone at the home page of the custom recovery.
- Open a command prompt window and run the following commands:
- cd Desktop/android-sdk-windows/platform-tools
- adb push UPDATE-SuperSU-v1.69.zip /sdcard/
- This will copy the SuperSU zip onto your phone. Once the command has completed continue.
- Instructions for TeamWin Recovery Project (TWRP):
- Install > browse to SuperSU zip and select the it
- Swipe to confirm the installation. Then reboot.
- Instructions for ClockworkMod (CWM):
- install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard.
- Next, browse to the location where you previously copied the SuperSU zip and select the it.
- To confirm the installation, scroll down to "Yes" and select it. The installation shouldn’t take very long, and once it has completed you may reboot.
Let us know if you’re facing any problem while following the process to root LG Nexus 5.
LG Nexus 5 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts