I just found this instructions on how to flash the LG Viewty Smart with new .fls frimwares on LG forum. All credits to pbalanq. LG-Viewty Smart info
Note: By following this tutorial at your own risk. I will not be responsible for any damages, injury or death resulting from use of these instructions. However I promise that you won’t take any risk If you follow the steps exactly as described. LG Cell phone Software
PS: Flashing will erase all the data from the phone.
Tools Required for Flashing:
1. Download .fls Firmware(GC900AT-00-V10b-454-XXX-JUN-12-2009 +0. Fls)
2. Download FlashTool Program: FlashTool_E2.zip
3. Download File. IFWD_DownloadDll.dll
1. Extract FlashTool_E2.zip to C:\FLASHE2 folder
2. Copy IFWD_DownloadDll.dll to C:\FLASHE2 folder
3. Copy firmware.fls to the folder : C:\FLASHE2
4. Switch off your phone. Do not connect the USB cable.
5. Remove the memory card, SIM card and battery from the phone.
6. Start c: \ FLASHE2 \ FlashTool_E2.exe
7. In file menu choose "USB Map Wizard", then click "next" button.
8. Connect your phone to the computer using USB cable. When your mobile is detected click done.
9. Select "Infineon USB Driver" in communication area
10. Disconnect your phone from the PC.
11. Browse to the .fls firmware in your computer
12. Click on the yes button on the warning box.
13. Connect the phone to the PC and quickly click on Start USB1
14. Flashing should be over in 15 minutes.
15. Disconnect the phone from the computer. Insert the SIM card, memory card and battery in the phone and start it.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
Hi, I have an LG Prada (ke850) Do you know some another OS that can i install on it or another thing that turn that mobile better? Thanks
yes you can install a brick on it hahahahahah
this is great i’ve just unlocked my LG cu 720 shine. pretty simple i might add…but again i consider myself a genius. it was locked to the AT&T network…and after using this 5mb software..voila…10 secs was enough.
hi at step 13 i connect my phone and say’s
“Timeout occured during packet reception ”
and then close the channel 1 , what am i doing wrong, please help me ??
And if you can please post the answer online so if someone has the same problem to find easy answer .
Why does my GC900 not recognize my microsd card.
Worked like a dream. Got rid of the Orange software that was on my GC900.
Does anyone have any links for newer .fls firmware?
After choosing “USB Map Wizard” and connecting my LG Viewty Smart without it’s battery, memory card, or SIM, nothing whatsoever happens.
it s written after pressing “USB1″ button
“For NAND systems an EBL must be injected. None was found”