There is a touch based ClockworkMod recovery available for the LG Optimus 4X HD. It is extremely helpful as it can be controlled with touch rather than using the volume buttons to scroll through the recovery. Besides, installing custom ROMs and custom kernels, a variety of functions can be performed using the CWM recovery like clearing cache and dalvik cache, fixing permissions, factory resetting the phone, making Nandroid backup, etc.
Caution: Do this at your own risk, and do NOT try this on Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean.
Follow the procedure given below to Install the Touch based ClockworkMod Recovery on the LG Optimus 4X HD.
LG Optimus 4X HD CWM touch recovery download:
How to install Touch based ClockworkMod Recovery on LG Optimus 4X HD:
- Get your LG Optimus 4X HD P880 rooted, follow this guide here
- Make sure busybox is installed correctly and all commands are available in /system/xbin (normally part of rooting installation)
- Download the extract attached zip file below
- Double click to install the LG-Optimus-4XHD-Recovery apk on your phone
- Once the installation is over, reboot your phone (if you do not, the app might fail installing recovery)
- Start the LG 4X Recovery app
- Press Install recovery – grant superuser access when prompted
- After it’s done, set permissions to granted for this app
- Now you can press boot recovery and boot into the CWM touch recovery and make your backups or install custom roms
Have fun playing with it! If you have any issues, please fire them up in the comments below!
LG Optimus 4X HD Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts