ClockworkMode (CWM) Recovery is a custom recovery with various system that allows you to install ROMs, MODs, kernels and themes. Now it is working on GLG Optimus L5 E610. It will be a happy news for those who like to try out different custom ROMs on their Smartphones. Here is the guide about how to install this ClockworkMode (CWM) Recovery on LG Optimus L5.
How to unlock bootloader on LG Optimus L5:
Instructions for installing CWM custom recovery on LG Optimus L5:
- Make sure you have your bootloader unlocked
- Make sure you have installed LG usb and adb drivers
- Make sure your phone is successfully rooted
- Download the CWM file attached above and place it in the root of your internal sd card. (you get /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-126.96.36.199-e610.img)
- Make sure you have USB debugging enabled. Phone should be in "Charge only" mode.
- Connect your LG Optimus L5 into the PC via USB cable.
- Open command prompt.
- Type the following in command prompt and press enter between commands:
- adb shell
- Press "grant" or "allow" on your phones screen if SuperUser or SuperSU asks for root permissions.
- Continue with the following commands (replace "recovery-clockwork-188.8.131.52-e610.img" by the right file name if necessary)
- dd if=/sdcard/recovery-clockwork-184.108.40.206-e610.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p17
- reboot recovery
After that the phone will reboot and you can access CWM upon boot any time by powering off the phone and restart it by pressing volume down and power on at the same time, then immediately followed by holding the home button.
LG Optimus L5 Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts