The most coveted of all the custom ROMS, the CM7 ROM, has been available for LG Optimus Me for sometime. Only couple of weeks before, a new version 2.3.7 (unofficial) was released and I just tried it out and was completely amazed by the ROM, just like everybody who has ever tried it is. LG Android Phones
In order to flash CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread ) ROM you need the ClockworkMod Recovery installed. This is due to the need to be able to wipe the boot, system, data, and cache partitions. Most bootloops are caused by the recovery not fully wiping/formatting these partitions. Wiping factory is also recommended. LG-Optimus info
LG Optimus Me CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.7 Gingerbread) Download:
Install the ClockworkMod Recovery on LG Optimus Me:
Steps to install CyanogenMod 7 on LG Optimus Me:
- Download the latest version of CyanogenMod.
- Place the CyanogenMod update.zip file on the root of the SD card.
- Boot into the ClockworkMod Recovery.
- Once the device boots into the ClockworkMod Recovery, use the side volume buttons to move around, and either the power button or the trackball to select.
- Select the option to Wipe data/factory reset.
- Then select the option to Wipe cache partition.
- Select Install zip from sdcard.
- Select Choose zip from sdcard.
- Select the CyanogenMod update.zip.
- Optional: Install the Google Apps by performing steps 7 – 9 again and choosing the Google Apps update.zip.
- Once the installation has finished, select +++++Go Back+++++ to get back to the main menu, and select the Reboot system now option. The LG Optimus Me should now boot into CyanogenMod. LG Cell Phone Software
- RIL (Phone, Modem, SIM Contacts)
- SD Card
- Brightness control
- Touchscreen with multitouch
- Wifi (thanks to key_master)
- FM Radio
- Bluetooth (full speed now)
- USB and Wifi Tethering
- GPS (thanks to pax0r)
- On/Off animation (thanks to vivekkalady)
Do not forget to backup your files and data before flashing, have a nice day.
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts