Using CWM (clockwordmod) on the LG Thrive is a challenging process. Some users have been able to flash the Optimus One CWM and use it to flash ROM’s with no problems. Many other have run into severe difficulties and been sent into fastboot hell or other related hellish places. LG Android Phones
If you are an LG Thrive user, and CWM is not working for you, this is your guide. LG Cell Phone Software
RULES: LG Phone Problem and Solution
1. Read the instructions all the way through
2. Read the instructions all the way through again
3. If you run into problems due to not following Rules 1 & 2, prepare to to be met with sarcasm and ridicule
4. Should you brick your phone or it starts WW III, it is not my fault.
5. There are two threads referenced at the bottom of the post. There are the basis for all the information contained here. I take no credit. Many people have had questions/problems/issues, look there before asking any questions
6. Google is your friend. Use it before asking any questions.
7. The process may look hard, but its not.
OK, before you start anything. Have these ready in
1. Get the USB drivers: http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client…2CAppSetup.exe
2. Get Android SDK: Android SDK | Android Developers
There is a chance you may be missing fastboot.exe and AdbWinApi.dll.
In which case please go here: http://www.lg-phones.org/how-to-fix-a-bricked-lg-optimus-one-on-fastboot-mode.html
And download the files at the bottom of the post.Place both files in the tools folder.
3. Get JAVA, Android SDK will prompt you and tell you what you need to download
4. Download the custom CWM: http://forum.xda-developers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=649565&d=1310172942
5. Extract the recovery image from the zip file
6. Place the image file in the same folder where fastboot.exe is (usually in the tools\ folder in the SDK).
7. For your convenience, rename the img file as recovery.img or make sure you have the full name of the file written down correctly.
1. Go into ROM Manager
2. Install the CWM for Optimus One
3. DO NOTHING ELSE FROM ROM MANAGER.
4. Power down the phone.
5. Home+Volume Up+ Power On
6. If you are successfully in CWM (the colors will be screwy) and you are fine, then you should be able to launch custom ROMs from here.
7. It is now your choice if you want to replace CWM with a custom LG Thrive version
If flashing the Optimus One CWM didn’t work
1. You will now need to enter fastboot mode (typically you are already there) to do this you need to remove/reinsert battery; use power+home
2. When you plug in the phone to your computer’s USB and it is detected and the phone screen has this display:
fastboot mode started
— suspend —
— reset —
— portchange —
— reset —
— portchange —
3. Use the command prompt and cd to the directory where fastboot.exe is located.
4. Then type the following command:
fastboot erase recovery
5. When you get a successful confirmation, type:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
6. Upon success, type:
You should now be able to boot your LG Thrive into CWM with no problems.
LG Thrive Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
LG Cell Phone – Related Posts
Flashing the Optimus One CWM didn’t ork for me, tried the alternate way but I didn’t get how to use de command prompt in this case, can you help? thanks