Tested with LG Vu CU920 & CU915 and IT WORKS
PM me if after doing it, it still is a no show.
* Make sure your card is readable first (if you can access the files via more>memory card or audio/ringtones and play them, then you’re fine)
** This may or may not work with LG Vu TU915
*** These files were taken from a phone with the following software/firmware seen in the image.
No songs solution:
(YOU NEED DATA CABLE TO DO THIS):
1) Download the mpFIX_updated.rar and extract it somewhere
2) Get phone into the gang image screen (see image 2). Turn off. Hold 4 buttons after turning on. Get into the phone directory via EFS (quicker). Don’t forget to BACKUP before doing any deleting.
3) Go to LGAPP>Media>DB
4) Delete the MTPDBCRC.bin file
5) Double click the SysDB folder (within DB folder) and replace–by replace, I mean delete first, then drag or copy over–5 files: CDB.vol, MetaDB.vol sdcard_CDB.vol, PBOOK_LOG.vol, and sdcard_sdcard_MetaDB.vol. Pretty much you are replacing all 5 files in the DB/SysDB folder. (It seems like both LG Vu CU920 and CU915 have the variations I spoke of prior)
6) Now get back to the LGAPP>Media folder again. Replace the entire Obigo folder (not the one under LGAPP. SO MAKE SURE. The folder has a sim file and an ids folder which leads to a storage folder) with the one in the fix (I have found some variations from the CU915 so this will get rid of the extra files)
7) Hit disconnect, yes for reset, unplug cable, pull out battery, put it back in, turn the phone on
8) Did it work? Go to your music player now and it should list all your songs. If not, see below.
Step by Step: LG Vu – Deleting Factory Pictures/Ringtones/Videos
Factory Pictures LG-Vu info
1. Connect LG Vu to BitPim.
2. Go to “View” on BitPim menu and make sure “View Filesystem” is checked
3. Go to Filesystem in left menu
4. Expand Folder
5. Navigate to /LGAPP/Media/Images/Default
6. Delete to you heart’s content. Make sure though that if you have one of those pics set as a wallpaper you change it before you delete it or your phone will start looping on you. (I deleted the .keep picture in there, don’t really know why it is in there. Post any problems you have if you do delete it).
Once you have a trouble with your USB Driver for the LG Vu CU920, you used your PC Suite but cannot get the LG Vu CU920 to connect via the USB, but as long as it fits in your phone it should work this is what I did to fix the problem…. LG-Vu info
First I downloaded IZARC, so I can use .rar or .iso files here http://www.download.com/IZArc/3000-2250_4-10072925.html?hhTest=1&tag=lst-1&cdlPid=10826781
Then, I downloaded LG PC Suite here
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FQJ4XKHY (After you download it, you’ll need to use izarc for the .rar file, then as well for the .iso file and you’ll be able to open it then)