Here we introduce an excellent tool for LG Thrill 4G, the “All-In-One” that is made by XDA member, OS_Hacking. This tool is based one on “fastboot” mod, it is a mode by it we can flash Recoveries , kernels & bootloaders
Functions of the “All-In-One” tool:
- GB Bootloaders (some people call it “Berni’s files”)
- GB RZ Recovery
- GB TWRP Recovery
- GB CWM Touch Recovery
- GB CWM Normal Recovery
- ICS Bootloaders (wkpark’s 1.25a Bootloaders)
- ICS TWRP Recovery
- ICS CWM Recovery
- ICS 4 Keys Fix Kernel
How to use the “All-In-One” tool to root LG Thrill 4G Android 4.0 ICS:
- Install omap drivers , download it from here: http://d-h.st/b7h [mirror]
- Download the “All-In-One” tool: [Mirror]
- Launch “[All-In-One][P920].bat”
- Connect the phone without battery, when you connect it the tool will show a lot of details and give 5 seconds, in this 5 seconds insert battery immediately.
- Install the ICS Bootloaders (wkpark’s 1.25a Bootloaders)
- Install the ICS TWRP Recovery or ICS CWM Recovery
- Now you have your bootloader unlocked and recovery flashed.
- Download the Su_Bbox.zip and place it to the root of your SD card
- Reboot your phone to recovery and install the Su_Bbox.zip
- Congratulations! You are now rooted
This tool really works on my LG Thrill 4G. Once you open the all-in-one tool and it says wait five seconds, count to five then put your battery back in. If you do it correctly it will vibrate when you insert it. If not, then restart the procedure. From here you can install the WKparks bootloaders and custom recovery. I installed the TWRP recovery manager, I like it way better than CWM. Easier to use IMO. After you install the recovery boot into it and make a backup. Install the Su_Bbox zip file on your SD card then boot back into recovery and install the zip. That’s it.
Credits to OS_Hacking
There is another way to root the device: (I haven’t tried it yet.)
1.- Download both files to the PC:
2. Extract “Instalar Recovery ICS Europeo V3.zip”, install the OMAP4430 drivers (you can find them in the folder)
a) Open device manager
b) Plug the device to pc by using usb cable without the battery,
c) You will see “omap4430 device” appearing and disappearing
d) As soon as you see it right click on it and chose proprieties
e) Click on the drivers tab and select update driver
f)Sselect the driver on the folder “usb_drv_windows” from the file you downloaded and install them
g) wait till it finish installing them
3. Now run the file “Instalar Recovery ICS Europeo.bat”, then
a) Connect the USB cable from the phone to the PC without the battery
b) Wait until the message “Wait 5-Seconds…”, then put the battery in.
c) Wait until installation is complete and you’ll see the green screen and the message.
Please remove the USB cable
d)Now you can disconnect the cable USB, remove the battery, return the battery, and boot the phone.
Follow the instructions and you will have CWM on the phone
4. Copy the “Su_Bbox_1.20.2_gazhead_signed.zip” file to memory (either internal or external SD card)
5. Boot into Clockwork Mod, shut the phone down all the way
a) hold down the 3D button, the VOL DOWN and POWER at the same time. (some say hit vol up but this didn’t work for me)
b) when the backlight comes on the screen, let go of the power and vol DOWN ONLY, keeping the 3D held down until you see the clockworkmod touch interface come up.
c) choose install zip from sdcard, find the Su_Bbox_1.20.2_gazhead_signed.zip file using the vol + and – keys.. then scroll down past the No’s to the YES and tap it on the screen.
Congratulations! Now you have a rooted ICS V30B.
LG Thrill 4G Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures