I was just able to turn on tethering on the LG Nitro HD. Basically i did the following. Thanks to kkernaghan7 sharing the methods. LG Android Phones
Things you will need:
Now go to this directory with root explorer:
(You will have an option to open it with the internal viewer or SQLite editor, choose SQLite editor)
Now locate tether_entitlement_check_state and change the value to 0 then save and reboot.
Now you can use the built in wifi tethering without the pop-up saying that you don’t have a tethering plan. LG-Nitro-HD info
NOTE: You will need root access for this to work. Hope this helps you guys out.
LG Nitro HD Phone Photos - LG Cell Phone Pictures
Bell LG Optimus LTE 4G can take any firmware. Unit recognizes 4G LTE stock from the Nitro firmware. Only Bell APN changes needed! LG Nitro HD is the Bell unit software, everything matches right down to the kernel. No need to flash the baseband. All 4 other partitions can be flashed safely! LG Android Phones
Here’s the Bell LG Optimus LTE 4G mobile network APN Settings if anyone needs them: LG Phone Problem and Solution
LG Optimus LTE 4G Phone Photos – LG Cell Phone Pictures
There’s enough information out there now to reliably root, debloat, and optimize your LG Nitro HD. So, let’s get this party started. Also, these instructions are not my post. If you’re looking for the original article, check out this XDA thread.
Here is what I’ve done w/the LG Nitro HD so far in my attempts to optimize both performance and battery life (in order from stock): LG Android Phones
WARNING! – DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I AM NOT A DEV. I AM A WEB DESIGNER. FAILURE TO FOLLOW INSTRUCTIONS VIA THE TOOLS MENTIONED BELOW CAN/MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE. LG Phone Problem and Solution
LG Nitro HD Rooting:
- Downloaded and installed the P930 Windows driver (found on the first post of this thread) through LG’s driver download application.
- Downloaded DoomLord’s Easy Rooting Toolkit – Buy this dude a beer or something. This is a fantastic tool.
- Set the phone to USB debug mode, Allowed 3rd Party Applications, and then connected to PC (USB2 ports, do not use USB3 to be safe).
- Ran the *.BAT file from the Easy Rooting Toolkit
- Phone was rooted (yay!)
LG Nitro HD Hard Reset:
- Turn off phone, wait a few seconds.
- Press HOME + VOL DN + POWER until you see a warning for Hard Reset
- Press Power 2x to confirm
- You should then see the process start. Leave the phone alone until you are fully booted back to your lock screen.
After a hard reset, my SuperUser stayed and phone was still rooted.
I then setup my GMail account and the rest of my phone.
- Go to Market, I chose to use "NoBloat" free version. This app will let me delete or ‘freeze’ system apps. I recommend not deleting to be safe. Just Disable and ALWAYS make a backup of any apps if you do insist on deleting.
I downloaded, installed, and set GO Launcher as my main launcher before disabling apps as you’ll see that I’ve chosen to disable LG Home which is the phone’s stock launcher. Disabling this without first installing a different launcher will give you no UI and therefore won’t be able to use/interact with your phone.